While reading The Whiteboard Blog I saw suggested foreign language / Interactive Whiteboard sites. One of the sites was far superior in the potential it will have in my classroom. Word Magnets is very simple to use and visually pleasing.
Ideas for using in my classroom:
1. Sentence word order
2. Random subjects/adjectives – have the students match
3. Chart the adjectives – masc/fem, singular/plural
4. Random subjects/conjugated verbs – have the students match
5. Sentence matching – color code the person doing the action, the verb, an object, and the adjective. Students frequently get confused with agreement when there are two separate pairs.
6. Sentence matching – color code for the verb GUSTAR
7. This will be an amazing tool for teaching Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns. Not only will the students have to put the sentence in the correct order, but we can discuss the rationale using the color coding.
8. Venn diagram for the novels
Basically, any traditional Graphic Organizer can be done through Word Magnets. The advantage will be allowing the students to get more actively involved. I can have the list of words across the bottom (or they can help me develop the list first) than students can place the words in the correct location.