I just saw the preview for Bad Teacher – a movie that will come out this summer with Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Jason Segal and another bunch of equally funny people. I’m basing my judgment on a two minute preview, but I think it is time to bring some humor into the downward spiral of the state of education in the United States. The emphasis is on the national education policies combined with budget woes are forcing actions that might not be in the best interest of the students. Are teachers as bad as the main character in the movie? For 99.999% of us, absolutely not (pure guess, no research base). But people will do crazy things to get bonuses involved with testing scores; that is the premise of the movie. Even good teachers could feel the pressure for their students to get good grades when their job is at stake. When portrayed in such a comedic and outrageous light, regular people might start to understand the testing pressure.
- When a #breakoutedu loving friend is having a baby, it only makes sense to have a breakout game at her baby shower. https://t.co/TUxnLpGC3M 6 days ago
- @MackEPG @Edcampgcc Absolutely! Sharing is always smarter than re-creating the wheel 1 week ago
- I just wrote a short story and published it with @BookCreatorApp, all for a clue with my newest #BreakoutEDU game 1 week ago
- Night 3 of insomnia. This tired teacher will need some magic today. Making the most of my time awake to improve/modify the lesson. 2 weeks ago
- @hturk139 @SFecich That was us! Here is the blog post with details edcamphershey.weebly.com/home/sweetpd-t… #sweetpd 2 weeks ago
- #GoogleGlass #throughglass 21st Century Skills advice apps article AUP blog BYOD BYOT cellphone change cheating classroom collaborative colleges creative culture diigo EdCamp edmodo engaged Evernote example facebook Flipped Flocabulary footprint formative assessment games geography global glogster google grad_course graphic history iBook images iPad iPhone iPod Touch ISTE ISTE11 ISTE13 ISTE2016 iwb jobs LTMS maps Moodle netbooks newsela pln Pobre Ana Professional Development professional_development reputation Social Studies social_media spanish Symbaloo teachers Technology textbook tool tools TPRS translation Twitter Video voicethread web2.0 weebly Zondle