So … this is my back up plan for sharing (created in the two ten minute breaks). It contains the presentation, the final project/product, and other useful links. I hope to demonstrate all the hard work that went into the project.
LINKS (that will be mentioned during the presentation)
- Techbook – this is the final product. The project was for Unit 3, Unit 4, Unit 5, and Unit 6. The other units will be completed before the start of school so the techbook can be utilized for the entire year.
- District Mission & Strategic Plan – the inspiration for the project
- School Timeline – what the project timeline had to fit around
- Resource Matrix (PDF file) – comparison of digital textbooks and other options that already existed.
- Common Unit Map – created by our department to reflect best practice for teaching the curriculum. The Storyboard had to mirror the Unit Map.
- Storyboard (Word file)
- Content Charted (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Weebly Editing – this was the selected host for the techbook, based on ease of use and professional appearance.
- Flickr Creative Commons
- Resources Diigo Group (at the bottom of the page)
- Live Binders (mock up, decided not to use this)
- WikiSpaces (mock up, decided not to use this)
- Techbook Unit 5 (AR Verbs) This is the unit that was implemented.
- Student Survey – one of 3 surveys the students responsed to. This was the last feedback to make sure the completed techbook met or exceeded their needs.
- Student Feedback – here are some of the student comments about using the techbook in class.
- Conjugation Animation If you only check out one link, this is the one! The students loved the animation, which is good because I dedicated hours to teaching myself Flash animation. I am proud of this and it was a great resource to help the students remember the steps to conjugate an AR verb.
The AR Conjugation Animation:
The students were provided with an explanation when they saw the animation.