I forgot how much I enjoyed exploring Go2Web2.0 – I searched it when I took my first educational technology workshop years ago. Back then, there were not 71 pages of options to explore. I spent [insert embarrassing number] of hours looking at the site this week. These are some of the new favorites and old that had been forgotten that I found:
Brainstorming and Timelines
- Edistorm ~ Collaborative brainstorming with options to enhance the discussion in real life.
- Popplet ~ Collaborative brainstorming, basic but wonderful.
- Dipity ~ Timeline creation
- Preceden ~ Timeline creation that can include multiple tiers.
Visual Presentations or Pictures
- PhotoPeach ~ Very cool display of pictures.
- PhotoSnack ~ Upload pictures and get an interactive cube of the pictures.
- Prezi ~ Presentations that will wow (or confuse if you aren’t careful)
- FlixTime ~ Create multimedia presentations in 3 easy steps.
Digital Storytelling / Journals
- StoryJumper ~ Create eBooks for students to read online. There are some partially prefabricated books that can be customized or you can create one from scratch. There is an option to buy a hard cover print of your book.
- Penzu ~ Online private journal
- Little Bird Tales ~ Their goal is to capture childhood
- myebook ~ Create eBooks online
Polling / Quizzes
- Answer Garden ~ Embed question and have the results displayed
- Quizinator ~ Create and embed quizzes online
- Draw.to ~ Like paint, but you can send or embed the result without needing to log in to anything.
- Jux ~ Visually pleasing web. Create something powerful with images.
- MessageHop ~ No sign in necessary to create and send a message. It can include a picture and text, which is automatically animated.
- Mokk.me ~ Mobile app mock up. Still extremely beta, but might be applicable at in some contexts.
- Stiqr ~ A widget for web design
- Hi, I’m ~ Digital nametag, keep all your contact information for different sites in one place.
- mind360 ~ Brain training games
- AddInto ~ Add more possibilities to the Add/Share button on your website
- Tynt ~ See who was interested in your web content and who might have copied form it