This is my yearly reflection before school starts for how I want to incorporate technology this year for my Spanish class. I believe that the reflection needs to done at least yearly because of how fast technology changes. What was best practice last year might not still be the best for learning. So maintaining my yearly tradition, here are my goals for this school year:
- Change the LMS from Moodle to Edmodo for my 8th grade students.
- Streamline Moodle for the 6th graders so they are able to use it more efficiently.
- Continue with the daily blog posts. For the 8th graders this can be done through Edmodo. The 6th grade blog will be the same as last year.
- Have all the students set up a SymbalooEdu account. This will help them keep all their bookmarks visually organized and easily accessible. This is especially important for 6th graders who travel without laptops. They need a centralized, web location to store favorites.
- Use GigaPan to let students visually explore the culture of other Spanish speaking countries.
- Incorporate Voicethread more frequently as a way for students to publish their reflective writings.
- Continue to use Study Stack, Quizlet, and Quia as practice activities for students. A slight change from last year, I am going to encourage the students to find and/or create their own review activities instead of just relying on ones that are teacher created.
- For 6th grade Spanish, the primary resource will be the Spanish Techbook. If 8th graders need reference to prior topics, they will be referred back.
- Students Collin’s writing responses will be turned into an informal podcast. Some students for each class will read their responses into the microphone and it will be published as one podcast on Podomatic. This will serve as a review for new grammar concepts in the students own words. The podcasts will automatically be available to download through iTunes after they are uploaded on Podomatic.